Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter 2009



Easter was so much fun this year! The boys are at such a perfect age to enjoy all the activites and love to perform for everyone which is funny to watch! This was the first Easter in my life that I was not in church on Easter! Jonas and Nolan were both running fevers Easter morning when they got up due to ear infections- again! I knew with fevers, I wouldn't be able to leave them in the nursery and taking 2 toddlers into the service was NOT going to happen! So we stayed home while everyone else went. After the boys ate breakfast, they got their Easter buckets from us and then Mimi & Poppy gave them gifts before leaving for church. At noon, we headed up to my mamaws to eat with my moms side of the family. I LOVE this tradition so much and can still remember being so tiny and hunting eggs up on her farm. We were always so close growing up with our cousins and us girls still love to sit around the table and talk for hours- which is exactly what we did! That and watch the boys perform! We looked at old pictures mamaw had found and talked about being little & growing up...aww, I'm such a sap! After we left, we went to the RV Park to meet up with Dad & Barbara. We took a stroll so they could enjoy the boys for a while & see them in their Easter outfits! Then we were off to Chris' parents for dinner. Moe & Robert hid the eggs & the boys had so much fun finding them...3 times! The beef wellinton dinner was amazing as always! The boys opened their gifts from Nana & Papaw and got an outfit, footballs, and more toys! (The boys are the only grandchildren for both mine & Chris' family so they are spoiled rotten!) After that, we went with Moe & Leann to their house to see how the nursery is coming along...Moe is painting a mural and I can't wait to see it finished! Its such a wonderful room- Daylan will love it! (I'll post pictures when its done!) We came back home and the boys crashed immediately and slept until 8am this morning! Enjoy all the pics...I don't have a ton since we videoed most of the day!
The boys buckets from me & their daddy

The boys gifts from Mimi & Poppy- lil animail suitcases on wheels that can be used as backpacks too! They are loaded down with toys & animal crackers!

Digging thru their buckets from Mommy & Daddy

The boys LOVED their gifts from Mimi & Poppy! They pushed and pulled them everywhere!

Arrived at Mamaws- suitcases in tow!

The boys NOT wanting to sit for pictures...being bribed with nilla wafers ;)

The Easter egg hunt starts

Looking hard

Nolan found an egg

Jonas found an egg

The boys sitting with their buckets counting their eggs

Everyone sitting outside Chris' parents house enjoying the weather & watching the boys hunt Easter eggs



Photobucket

0 comments: