Friday, December 4, 2009

Jonas & Nolan's 1st Christmas Parade!!


The Harriman Christmas parade was on Thursday night, but Chris & I started telling the boys about it on Monday. We told them about the candy, the floats, and Santa! They were so excited! Thursday morning I said "Boys, where are we going tonight?" Both of them clapped and yelled "to see SANTA CLAUS!!!" This brought me so much joy! I can remember my parents taking me as a kid & how much I LOVED to watch everything! I can remember my dad having a float in it & how excited Cindy & I were to ride in it & wave to everyone watching! I can remember being a cheerleader & being in it for years! So I was very excited to start the tradition with my boys! We got to Roane St about 45 minutes early so we could go in the diner & see Santa Claus! The boys, who were all talk about Santa, wouldn't go near him! They just wanted to watch the other kids! So we got some hot chocolate to share & went outside just in time for the parade. Jonas & Nolan were excited to watch the parade from Poppy & Daddy's shoulders! At least until the candy started coming their direction, then they wanted down! They were so cute! A bear was walking in the parade & Jonas ran out in the street to give the bear a hug! I wished I'd of taken a picture but I wasn't expecting that at all! The boys had such a good time! I'm not sure who had a better time, the boys or Poppy! Poppy LOVES Jonas & Nolan so much! He kept saying how much he was enjoying watching the boys experience the parade & how it was worth more than a million dollars! The boys are so blessed to have Mimi & Poppy, who go out of their way all the time to experience everything with the boys. The boys definitely come 1st in everything & they have no idea how much it means to me & Chris that they always want to be there! I had a set of grandparents like that... My mamaw & papaw meant the world to me & I was so close to both of them (still am to my mamaw) & I'm more than grateful that my boys will have the same! Thanks Mimi & Poppy for going with us! Enjoy the pictures!


Before leaving the house...Nolan asking "Where Santa go?"

Time to watch the parade!

Mimi & Poppy with the boys

Mimi & Nolan

Me & my mom... so thankful for a mom who is so involved in my life & my boys life :)

Mommy & Jonas

Daddy & Jonas

Nolan & Poppy laughing

The boys waiting for more candy to be thrown their way...

Mommy with her big boys!



Photobucket

0 comments: