
Jonas & Nolan may not look anything like me (its ok, I've come to terms that they only got my hair and they have their daddy stamped all over the rest of them :)) but when it comes to watermelon- they are their mommy's little boys! If you know me well, you know I could eat watermelon morning, noon, and night. I swear I can smell and freshly cut watermelon a mile away! When I was pregnant- you guessed it- I was constantly wanting more and more watermelon! I'll eat a whole melon by myself in one sitting and I do NOT use salt on it! This year, Chris & his daddy along with Leann, Beth, and Brenda planted a huge garden. (Yes, I didn't mention myself, because, well- lets just be honest- I didn't get out there and sweat and slave like the others did.) When I say huge, you cannot begin to imagine the size. Lets just say that we now have truck loads of watermelons, have canned over 100 jars each of green beans and tomatoes, and are still picking things out on a nightly basis for dinner! The boys love going to Nana & Papaws (Chris' parents) house for a ton of reasons. They are spoiled senseless, they love to swim, but most of all- they LOVE the gator. Every night that we visit, Chris & his dad load the boys up in the gator and ride down to the garden at the bottom of the hill. There they load up veggies for dinner and watermelons for later! The boys pick their own watermelon which makes them feel so special! After unloading, the boys don't move out of their chair until they get a piece of watermelon! They eat and eat before its time just to hose them down! I have adored watching them as they giggle the entire time! I have also loved watching daddy & papaw as it is so obvious that this is what brings them the most joy out of life! I feel so blessed! Enjoy the pictures- you can click on them and make them larger if you need to! 
Nolan picking up some fresh cabbage for slaw while Jonas waits on the watermelons!
Nolan helping daddy bring in the melon he picked in the garden
Chris cuts while everyone grabs!
Jonas eating "my melon" as he calls it :)
Nolan eating his piece...
They eat watermelon like its a contest!
Nolan loves being sprayed down afterwards!

Tuesday, August 11, 2009
Watermelons & Watermelons
Posted by The Raymonds at 7:35 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment