Sunday, February 17, 2008

Valentines Day 2008

It has become a tradition for Chris & I to spend Valentines Day in the mountains (with the exception of last year and we were at the hospital because the boys were trying to come WAY too early.) It's hard to find time for just us due to having 2 precious lil boys at home- so we took advantage of Mimi & Nana wanting to keep the boys! 3 days and 2 nights to us- we didn't know how to act! (And yes- I missed the boys sooo much! I cried the first night after calling to check on them at least a dozen times! The second night, I held up much better!) We spent the first day snowboarding for 6 hours!

After cleaning up, we went out for dinner and ate the most wonderful filets & lobster in the world! We even made room for dessert. On day two, we went shopping! After eating an amazing lunch, we headed back to the room to rest a while before heading up the mountain. Cindy & Davis met us to snowboard that night.
Then we went back to their hotel room, ordered pizza, & played games until late! We had a blast! The next morning, it was time to check out. We stopped at the movies on our way home and watched "Fools Gold" which was really cute & funny! Finally, we made it to moms to pick up our boys! Jonas & Nolan lit up when we walked in and I think I hugged them both forever before putting them down! Mom knew we were tired so she made us dinner! We ate and finally made it back to our house! We had a fabulous weekend! I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful husband who loves me more than I'll ever deserve. He is an amazing father and my best friend! I never imagined being married would be this much fun! I took a ton of pictures, so here is a slideshow with some of them...enjoy!!
A couple more pictures - this was our very first Valentines day together...yep, in Gatlinburg!


1 comments:

Lindsey said...

aww looks like yall had so much fun! and i cant believe you left the boys.. good job i am proud of you :) i am sure you guys needed that alone time ha!