Yesterday I finally broke down and took the boys to get their first haircut. Since everyone (and when I say everyone, I mean EVERYONE) had been on me for several months to get their haircut, I decided to go ahead a bite the bullet. I knew they needed it, but I was so afraid that getting their haircut would take the "baby" away from them and leave them looking like little boys. I just wasn't ready to loose their curls, not to mention that the "shabby" look is in! So I packed up my camera and 2 ziplock bags (you know I'm saving the hair and putting it in their scrapbooks!) and we all headed to town. My mamaw came with me. I wasn't sure if I would need help or not. Everyone had told me that the boys would cry, especially their first time! I wanted to be able to take pictures so having mamaw their would be great. On a side note- my mamaw has been amazing! I don't know what I would've done over the past two weeks without her. She loves coming to our house and playing with the boys and I adore watching them put smiles on her face. She watches the boys so I can run errands and go to the grocery store and such- I couldn't be happier leaving my boys in her care. Its a well known fact that I think the world of my mamaw and have always been VERY close with her. She was so excited to come experience the boys 1st haircut! Nolan was up first. I knew Nolan would do well, but he exceeded my expectations. He sat like a big boy the entire time, never shed a tear, and clapped when he was done! Jonas was next. I had worried a little more about Jonas because he is attached to my hip and generally doesn't do well letting new people touch him. He's quick to push them away! I held his hand for a lil bit until I got him comfortable. He was such a big boy, never cried, and smiled at himself in the mirror the entire time! Vickie was amazed at how well behaved they were (sorry- proud mommy moment!) While I am told constantly that boys are the most behaved boys many people have ever seen, esp at such a young age, I was nervous because their appt time was naptime! But they did great, fell asleep as soon as we got them back in the car, and slept for 3 straight hours! I am so blessed. Ok- finally the good part- here are the before, during, and after pictures!!
Jonas' pre-haircut picture.jpg)
Nolan's pre-haircut picture.jpg)
Jonas sitting with mamaw while Nolan got his hair cut
Nolan being such a big boy!
Nolan sitting with mamaw while Jonas gets his hair cut.
Jonas being such a big boy! 
Nolan and his new do!
Jonas and his new do!! 

Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Nolan & Jonas get a new look!!
Posted by The Raymonds at 2:48 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
they are so cute! love the new dos :)
They are too cute! I miss them sooo much! Have a wonderful day. It was great to see mamaw too!
Love you!
Post a Comment