
We had a very eventful weekend that lasted up into the wee hours Monday morning- keep reading. We started Friday by heading to the RV resort for the weekend. We were looking forward to having time together since I had worked several night shifts last week! We had smores on Friday night, my favorite! Saturday morning, we loaded up the bicycles and rode to Roane Co. Park. We played tennis before heading back. Chris & I aren't very good, but we have fun trying :) Saturday afternoon, we took off with Mimi & Poppy in their boat and went to Blue Springs Marina for lunch- its definitely our favorite place on the water to eat! Saturday night, Chris & I got spend hours of time together after we put the boys to bed! Sunday morning, we loaded up and headed to church. I don't think Nolan was ready to leave the nursery when it was time to go! Sunday afternoon, we were lazy but still managed to play with the boys and take them to the swings. We went to bed thinking we would get up when Chris' alarm went off as he had class and I would pack up our stuff and head back to our house for a couple days. Well, at 5am, Chris' cell phone rang startling us both. Within 5 seconds, Chris had jumped out of bed and was dressed with me yelling, "whats wrong??" I could tell by the way he was moving that something was wrong and by the look on his face, he was dreading telling me. He told me to be calm and stay with the boys (they slept thru it all) but that ADT had called his parents because we were not answering our house phone and said that our fire alarm was going off and it was showing that we had a fire in the hallway in our house! Amazingly, I did not panic at all! I told Chris to call me as soon as he got there. As soon as he walked out, I started praying. I knew it was in God's hands and whatever the case was, we would be ok. Our pictures are in a fire safe, my camera was with me, and most importantly, my boys were sleeping soundly in their bedroom. Well, Chris said he did 95mph the whole way to our house and made it in 5 minutes. The fire truck and sheriffs dept had beat him here along with his parents. Luckily, there was no fire. We are still unsure of what caused our alarm to go off. ADT told us it could be dust on the sensor that got too hot. Thankfully, we are all safe at home tonight, in our house! I learned a lot about myself this morning and I'm thankful for God's timing & blessings! Enjoy all the pictures from this weekend!
They love books!
Nolan wearing daddy's shades
Jonas slept while Nolan lounged with daddy
Nolan at the marina
Jonas eating at the marina
Nolan loves his Poppy!
Nolan blowing the horn
Taking a ride in Mimi & Poppys golf cart
Nolan climbed in himself and waited on someone to pull him- Mimi gave in :)
Jonas being lazy in the swing
Nolan making faces at mommy!
Nolan watching the ducks while the sun sets

Monday, August 25, 2008
A weekend on the lake & the ADT mishap!
Posted by The Raymonds at 6:34 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Were the smores made in the microwave or did me leaving change things?
Post a Comment