Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A little upgrading....

After several threatening emails (just kidding) of people wanting to see the new bedrooms, I've finally given in and posted pictures even though I'm not finished with the boys playroom and still don't have the rug in the boys bedroom...but you win- here they are! It all started a couple weeks ago when my pregnant sisterinlaw brought a book of nurseries and childrens rooms over to my house to show me the ones she has narrowed it down to. Chris and I had been talking about painting the boys room and toning down the bright orange stripes of their nursery. Nolan can just about climb out of his crib so I had been looking at getting them "Big Boy Beds" too! I got their bed (actually its at moms because I'm sanding it and painting it black instead of it having a wood finish) but we decided to leave the boys in their cribs until spring- that is unless Nolan out-smarts us! I looked at the book and fell in love with this room- and made my own version in the boys room! As soon as I get their bed finished and put together, put the rug down, and finish hanging everything on the walls, I'll post more pictures. But with school starting back and being in clinicals several days a week, my postings have been scant! I've also posted pictures of the boys playroom at the bottom- they absolutely LOVE their room and I LOVE that its childproof and has a gate so I can get some things done around the house! Enjoy and tell me what you think!

A few "before" pictures...



Supplies after a trip to Hobby Lobby

Tbe boys painting artwork for their new bedroom

The letters before I painted them

Their new bedroom, looking in from the hall

Names on the wall

Their cribs

The curtains that I made myself! After hours of sewing, they turned out great!

The armoire in their room

Reading corner = mommy with both boys in my lap rocking and reading bedtime stories..

As you can see, I'm still working on painting all the artwork for the walls of the playroom...

First look inside Jonas & Nolan's new playroom!


Closet with riding toys

Building & Basketball corner

They LOVE their tents & tunnel

A view of their playroom looking out into the den in the basement...



Photobucket

2 comments:

Perri said...

The rooms look great! You're so crafty and I'm jealous =)

Lindsey said...

Man girl it looks AWESOME!!! I love how colorful it is. the curtains are amazing and the new names too! I love the added artwork.. are you doing a map too?? well you have done so well! are you sure you dont need to drive to NC to help me :)