Monday, January 19, 2009

Suggestions Anyone?!?

I've been a real blog slacker lately! I guess life just got too busy and I promise to update soon... But for now, I have 2 things that I really need some imput on...

1. Shoes!! Yes, my closet is absolutely FULL of them, but believe it or not, I don't have a single pair of comfortable dress shoes! I started clinicals today and was so excited! I got up extra early and got dressed! I couldn't believe it was finally my day to evaluate and diagnose patients on my own! So off to the Drs office I went wearing dress pants, my white lab coat, and knee high boots! Let me tell you- by the time I walked into the 6th patients room, my feet were KILLING me! Thank goodness it was a pelvic exam and I got to sit down...yes, I was excited about that! So here's the question- does anyone know of a brand of shoe that is dressy & trendy but also comfortable? My feet are DYING to know :)

On a side note- my first clinical day was AWESOME!! The Dr I am with let me dive right in. I was evaluating, ordering labs, and writing prescriptions by noon which was thrilling and exciting. I have worked so hard for this! Being in the ER for the last 5 years has really REALLY helped me out and I feel like I got a jump start. The Dr is great and I love working there! I am with him 2-3 days a week thru April and I'm so excited!!!

Now onto #2- Chris and I are members at Grace Baptist Church in Karns. We LOVE our church and couldn't imagine leaving....until now. Before we had kids, it was easy to get up and make the 40 minute drive. We were always the first couple there for Sunday school. However, having kids has really changed everything and while I wouldn't take my kids back for the world, getting to church in Karns is too hard! Our Sunday school class starts at 8am which means we have to leave our house by 7:10 am on Sunday morning in order to park, drop the boys off in their class, and get to ours! We put our house up for sale last year in hopes of selling and moving closer to the church. Believe me when I say that a lot of prayer has went into this decision! We took our house off the market a couple months ago because the housing market is so slow! Now that this has happened at TVA, I doubt our house will sale anytime soon! So we need a church! We would really like to find a church around here with a large number of young families and that has a contemporary service. Not that churches that sing out of hymnals and play the organ are bad, its just not what we're used to or looking for. So does anyone out there have any suggestions. I've heard there is a church in Kingston, but I have not heard the name...

I will try to update our blog this week with new pictures of the boys and catch you up on them...they are so precious- but then again, I'm partial! Hope you all have a great week!


Photobucket

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Mandy- Clarks are super comfortable.. but not always very trendy. You can find some cute ones out there though. On the church thing... we've been looking for a while ourselves and can't find one we're super happy with. We go to Big Emory Baptist church now because it's where my family goes and really close. I really like the pastor and it is contemporary music... but the music is a little unpolished and the church is really small overall. It would be a lot different than what you are used to. But if you ever come to visit. let me know!

Anonymous said...

Born shoes are great. They have some clunky ones, but also a lot of cute, stylish ones...and you can't find a more comfortable shoe! www.zappos.com or www.shoeline.com--free shipping and tax free!