Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Daylan Samuel is here!!!


Today started very early, mainly because everyone was so excited- none of us got any sleep! We cooked out at Leann & Moe's last night and didn't make it home until 11pm (and yes, Jonas & Nolan were still awake!) We helped finishing the nursery and I painted Leann's toenails! At 4am this morning, I rolled over and looked at the time. I've been so excited about being an aunt since November- time was ticking! I decided to wait a little bit before bothering Leann. As it has been, I've been calling her at least daily for weeks... At 5am, I sent a text message and she promptly replied. It was almost time to head to the hospital. We all got to the hospital after Leann & Moe were settled in. I massaged while Bethanie let Leann squeeze her hands thru the contractions. We were shocked at how fast Leann progressed! By 3pm, she was completely dilated! After only 6 pushes, Daylan was here! Leann didn't have any pain and talked about the weather during the entire delivery! She's a champ in my book! Daylan weighed in at 5 lbs 10 oz! A small little guy! It was so special to watch both Leann and Moe with him as they have waited for an eternity to finally have a baby! Both mommy & baby are doing great! Daylan is already nursing like a champ! We are so proud of both of them and cannot wait for Jonas & Nolan to meet him! They were going around the house tonight saying "Hap Birday Daywen".... Here are some of the pics from today! You can click on the pics to make them larger.

Proud parents before delivery

Me & Bethanie with Leann

The boys all waiting on Daylan

And who did Daylan meet first- Uncle Chris...I think he was willing to fight over this!

Words cannot express how excited Chris has been ALL DAY!

Aunt Mandy & Uncle Chris

I am SO excited to finally be an aunt!!

Nana & Papaw

Aunt Bessie & Uncle Bobert



Photobucket

0 comments: