Friday, May 16, 2008

Mothers Day 2008

My first mothers day was such a wonderful day! We stayed at the RV Resort for the weekend. Sunday morning, Chris got up with the boys and let me sleep...but as soon as I heard them laughing, I couldn't wait to see them! But Chris told me I had to stay in bed, so I did. A few minutes later, Chris came up the stairs into the bedroom holding Nolan. Nolan brought me 3 red roses. Then daddy brought Jonas with 3 more red roses. After snugglin with the boys for a while (they LOVE rolling around in big beds!), Chris gave me a card and a gift from "my boys." The card was adorable as Chris and the boys had made it themselves. I would much rather have something creative and know his heart went into it than anything money could buy! The card was great! I also got a gift certificate to a bakers store and a beautiful ring! The ring has 2 diamond flowers- Chris said they each represented one of my boys! I tell you, I have the most amazing husband ever! Sweetie- you are definitely my better half! After finally getting up and getting ready, we loaded the boys and headed to church. After church, we went to my mom's house where her side of the family always get together to celebrate and eat lunch. Jonas and Nolan got a lot of love from everyone which always means the world to me! We left moms and headed to Chris' aunt Phyllis' house where his moms family was meeting. We ate and let the boys show off and get more love from everyone there. Finally, it was time to head home and rest and love on my 3 boys! I have learned over the past 10 months since having Jonas & Nolan that a mothers love has endless depths. I can't begin to describe all the wonderful feelings the boys have brought to me. I feel so blessed to have 2 healthy boys who are my whole world! And to my mother & best friend- I love you with all my heart. You are my hero and I hope that I can be to my boys what you've always been to me. You are nothing short of amazing and I will always cherish our closeness. You've been my rock when I thought no one would care, you've lifted me up when I just knew I had failed, and you've given me the motivation to accomplish my dreams when I wanted to quit. Your strength, wisdom, and love are so admirable! Your love for my boys brings me to tears. I thank God everyday for giving me such a wonderful mother. I love you.
Nolan bringing me roses
Jonas bringing me roses
Jonas giving me my bag with my present inside
Nolan and daddy opening it for me
The best card ever
2nd page
3rd page
4th page
My new ring...to big for my right hand so its getting sized
2nd to my mom- my mamaw is the most wonderful woman in my eyes. And she loves Loves my boys!
Me, Jonas, Mom, Cindy, and Nolan
Mothers Day 2007! Date on the picture is off. This is a month before delivering! Jonas and Nolan were kicking and Chris thought we might capture a footprint on my belly! It was so amazing to watch them flip and see 4 lil feet poking out!

0 comments: