Friday, October 24, 2008

My 3 year anniversary surprise from my husband!!



Every year on our anniversary, Chris and I take a trip...some where new and different for just the 2 of us so we can celebrate our special day! Its kind of our tradition that we look forward to each year! Not to mention that its fabulous to get out of town in the winter and still have the summer to look forward to! Hint- get married in the winter and look forward to a vacation every 6 months :) Usually, I plan the trips. Last years was going to be hard to beat and I knew I had my work cut out for me. We went to Ashville to the Biltmore, Grove Park Inn, and had a wonderful couple days just being us with no kids! So I started searching for the perfect place to go this year when Chris told me not to worry about it- he had it all covered! I was shocked- Chris has NEVER planned any trip for us besides our honeymoon- but I knew if he did as good of a job as he did on our honeymoon to the Bahamas, I'd be in heaven! I immediately started racking my brain trying to figure it out. All I could come up with was a play- he had asked me a couple weeks ago what play I would go see if I could see any play in the world- I said "Wicked" without hesitation! For those who don't know me well, I LOVE plays! I have taken Chris to several around here and told him how much I LOVED New York City because of the fabulous Broadway plays! (If you've never been to a Broadway show, put it on your bucket list- its a must!) "Wicked" is a story of the good witch and the wicked witch of Oz! Last time we were in New York, it was sold out and we went to see "Cabaret" with John Stamos which was amazing!! (Click on previous "Cabaret" to watch a clip- and to imagine, I went with my mom, stepdad, and sister to see this! Its very revealing! Its about entertainment during the war- it was stunning!) Anyhow, I have wanted to see "Wicked" forever! Well, Chris had promised me that he would tell me all the details of our trip during our Friday night "date night"- however, I came down with the flu and we ended up staying home! But he didn't disappoint- he came in and gave me a card. In the card were airplane tickets to New York City, hotel reservations, and Broadway tickets to "Wicked"- I was elated!! He totally exceeded every expectation I had!!! So we're flying to New York for 4 nights to celebrate our anniversary in December! He's already planned the trip- Central park carriage ride, Visit Central Park Zoo (I'm a zoo fanatic!), shopping, Ground Zero, and a second play!! "All My Sons" just opened and Katie Holmes is starring in it, so its a must! Chris- you are so amazing and wonderful and on and on...you have kept me on my toes for 3 years and I look forward to many many more years with you! And I'm too excited for words about NYC!

Opening my surprise...

Broadway tickets!!!

Plane tickets!!

We've reached our excited silly point!!



Photobucket

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

how exciting mandy! Wicked is awesome! I got to see it in Charlotte at the beginning of this year. You guys will have so much fun. Hooray for anniversary trips and wonderful husbands :)

Amanda said...

What an amazing anniversary! Have a great time!