Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween 2009


Halloween is definitely one of my favorite times of year & always has been! I love the colors, the weather, and the CANDY! I knew this year would be a lot of fun as the boys are finally old enough to get excited about pumpkins, dressing up, and candy! This year, our routine was no different...we spent the day with Mimi & Poppy! Mimi & Poppy live in the perfect neighborhood for trick-or-treating. I don't remember a year where we had less than 250 kids! Its always so much fun to see my old friends with their kids as well as getting to show off my babies! We got to Mimi & Poppys in time for the boys to take their 3 hour nap! During this time, mom & I got the candy ready and baked cookies! Moms neighbors, The Monks, were kind enough to invite us over for hot dogs, chili, taco soup, and all the desserts we could think of! The boys were excited because they knew Anna Grace would be there! They also LOVE Troy! They did great eating, chasing Anna Grace, and socializing with everyone. We headed back to Mimi's to get their costumes on. Mom & I took the boys on the golf cart trick or treating while Poppy & Daddy stayed behind to hand out candy! We only went to houses of our good friends & still the boys came home with their bags filled! Since it was a holiday, I let them dive right in and eat whatever they wanted! We got back to Mimi's in time to relieve the guys (UT was playing!) and we handed out candy until we ran out! Then it was time to join the guys & watch some football! The boys were on a sugar high and didn't go to bed until 12:30am! That was fine with us cause we knew they would sleep late- and they did! They didn't get up until 10am! Chris decided that they all needed to go ride the tractor on the farm for a while & mommy got a nice break to rest! It was another wonderful Halloween & I'm already looking forward to next year! The boys have already said they want to be spiderman next year :)


Eating at Troy & Vickies

Nolan the frog & Jonas the monster

I love watching the boys hold hands!

A frog & a monster giving daddy hugs!

Anna Grace is here...but all Jonas can focus on is the candy in her bucket!

Time to go trick-or-treating!

Another family picture

Mommy & her frog (Nolan)

Mom & I finishing out the night with the boys handing out candy!

My boys are off to the farm!

Jonas climbing in

Nolan climbing in



Photobucket

0 comments: