Monday, September 29, 2008

Free Time!?!

Since my post on putting the boys in daycare, I've had several people asking me know I'm doing with my free time! This got me to thinking....and then realizing- for the first time in 15 months, I actually have free time! Yes, thats right. In the 15 months that I have had the boys, I have never had someone babysit nor have I had Chris watch the boys so I can have "me" time! So I guess its true...some women (myself included) have children and put themselves last behind the kids, husband, family. Please note that I have had hours out with my friends for pedicures, movies, and such- but never a whole day! So the first week the boys were in daycare, I only had 1 day off work. Letting the boys go was hard so I took this free day to keep the boys home with me! I know- shocker, huh? Last week, I had 2 days off. This is the case for most weeks since I get full time hours in 3 days! I took the first day to go to Knoxville and shop! I couldn't tell you the last time I got to go shopping! The boys really benefited from my shopping trip and acquired a new fall wardrobe complete with shoes! My second free day, you guessed it, I kept the boys home! I just can't get enough of those smiles & giggles! Today started their 3rd week! Hard to believe! I started a yoga class today which I absolutely LOVE! Its great to finally have time to exercise again! While I still plan on keeping the boys home with me one day a week, I'm taking my other off day to take a yoga class, clean the house, get shopping done, job shadow FNPs, and occasionally treat myself to "me" time!

To end this post, I thought I'd share a funny story from tonight. As I have said in previous post, Chris always gives the boys their baths! Its his time to watch the boys giggle and play since he's worked all day. I hear them all together and I just fall in love all over again. Well, tonight, just 15 minutes after Chris had started their baths, he started screaming "help!" So I go running upstairs to their bathroom to find Nolan pooping in the tub, Jonas trying to play in it, and Chris trying to get them both out of the tub! Note- this is not the first time this has happened! But after it happened the first time, he started washing them first and playing second. Since then, if they poop, they are pulled out and all is clean & done! Well, I guess tonight he was side tracked. And all Chris could do was laugh about it! The boys were so proud of themselves, they were sitting on the sink, naked and clapping as they were so proud of themselves! Oh the fun at our house!


Photobucket

0 comments: