Monday, September 1, 2008

Our up & down weekend :)


We started this holiday weekend on Thursday by packing up for the weekend & heading to the RV Park. After getting settled, my husband grilled us some steaks & baked potatoes- love his heart & thank God he's amazing on the grill! Friday the boys & I enjoyed the weather and hung out with Mimi while daddy worked. We met Chris' parents and sisters for an Italian dinner that night before coming back and spending time with Mimi & Poppy before they left for the beach! Late Friday night, Nolan came down with a fever. I can count on one hand the number of times my boys have been sick, so I was surprised by his fever. Nevertheless, tylenol worked wonders and he was feeling back to normal by Saturday afternoon. That is when he started his new fetish- shoes! I couldn't take them off of him without him crying! I even had to put him down for his nap with his shoes on and took them off of him when he fell asleep! Sure enough, as soon as he woke up, he brought me his shoes! Saturday, we spent the day swimming, playing, riding the wagon, golf cart, and bicycles. Saturday night, we invited Chris' family over for a cookout. We had a good time and even built a campfire and made smores after dark! Sunday morning when my alarm went off (for church), I went into the boys room to get them up so they could eat breakfast before we left only to find that Jonas was literally roasting! I took his temp (which was 103.0), gave him tylenol, got him some juice, and gave him the Tennessee cure for anything ( a cold washcloth!) Needless to say, he was down for the count! In fact, I didn't get his temp down under 100.0 until Monday! All he wanted to do was lay on my chest, so thats exactly what we did! Nolan and daddy played and mommy took care of Jonas. We did manage to go to the marina to take the boat to eat, but Jonas & I stayed in the cabin in the AC and slept! (Debra- I'm so sorry for missing your baby shower. I just couldn't leave my sick lil boy (you will soon see!) I promise I'll be at the hospital when you have that lil boy that I'm so anxious to meet!) We finally made it to Monday and Jonas was himself again, smiling and playing like nothing had happened! We swam, rode bikes, and went with Pops & Barb to eat at Connors- our favorite! It was truly a wonderful weekend even though both boys were down for a little while! They are so busy that its rare that they just want to lay with their momma- so I soaked up every bit of it! Hope you all had a wonderful weekend as well! Enjoy the pictures!

My sick lil Jonas- this is all he would do- broke my heart!

Nolan playing- notice that he is only wearing his shoes and a diaper!

Our crowded table at our cookout

Daddy taking the boys & papaw on a ride

Campfires every night- Cindy, this pic is for you!

Nolan in his pool- he'll kill me for this one day!

Pops, Barb, and the boys at Connors!

Nolan never fights sleeping in the car!

Jonas gave in to sleep after giggling most of the ride

Jonas all smiles determined not to go to sleep on the way home :)

Monday night- the boys going to bed, both feeling great!



Photobucket

1 comments:

Cindy said...

They are just too darn cute. I can't wait to see you guys! I am glad you made a fire and I am sad that we missed it. Love you!