
Last week, we made our annual anniversary trip! This year we went to New York City..as in an earlier post, this years trip was a surprise from my husband and while I have been looking forward to the trip- it was even greater than I had expected! We had such an amazing time together acting like kids, roaming around the city, getting lost and finding our way again, etc. We got to NYC early on Thursday. We found a taxi and checked in before wondering around and finding ourselves in an Irish pub! The food was amazing! We shopped a little before heading back to the hotel to get ready to go see "Wicked"...oh how I've longed to see this Broadway play! And you know what- it was even more amazing that I could have imagined! And to make it even better- Chris LOVED it! He thought he was just taking me to it and because he loved me so much, he would suffer thru it! Much to his surprise, he was laughing, clapping, and really enjoying himself! That said- the next night after shopping ALL DAY- we went to another Broadway play! "All my Sons" was starring Katie Holmes, John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the son), and another woman who I can't remember her name at the moment. (She is the first picture on the slideshow and played in Parenthood and The Bird Cage) Anyhow, after the show, we waited outside to see if we could just catch a glimpse of them (stalkerish, I know :)) To our surprise, we got each of their autographs and spoke to Katie Holmes! Chris' night was made when he had a whole 3 minute conversation with John Lithgow! And the play was AMAZING...they did an awesome job! We wondered around times square afterwards and bought several street vendor hot dogs which were great as well! The rest of the trip was spent shopping, riding the subway to see all the sites, and eating really fabulous meals! We really had the best time, but were more than ready to get home late Sunday night to see our boys! And they were excited too when they saw we had brought presents back to them! Enjoy the pictures! Thanks Mimi & Nana for keeping the boys! I'm sure they were spoiled rotten while we were gone! Babe- thanks for being such an amazing husband and never failing to show me just how much you care! I love you dump truck loads & more :)
We made it! Chris taking the luggage to a taxi
Macy's is INSANE @ Christmas!
The set of Wicked before the play started!
My Handsome Hubby
Us at "Wicked"
Fixing to leave to go see "Wicked"
This bakery was next to our hotel & the desserts were AMAZING! This was also where we went on our midnight pizza runs!
Chris' whole trip was made when he met John Lithgow
Chris in Central Park
Central Park
Katie Holmes after the play...she is soooo skinny!
Singing...haha! Its good to be a kid again :)
Chris being silly
Our bed...it was such a modern hotel
Being silly in the elevator of the hotel
Our hotel turned into a nightclub at night! It was awesome! These are the escalators...


2 comments:
Looks like you guys had a great time in my city! Loved the pictures!
what a fun trip! And so glad you got to see Wicked... I loved it too :) Yall are too cute and I love to see how much fun you always have together. Happy Anniversary!
Post a Comment