We were very fortunate this year to get to fly to Seattle and spend Thanksgiving with my sister & her husband in their new home! We have been looking forward to visiting since July when they left! Though I was dreading flying with 2 toddlers and worried sick about the pressure on their little ears, I was amazed at how well they did! Here's the story in a short version...
We drove to Nashville on Wednesday since our flight was at 7am and we had to be checking in by 5:45am. We stayed with mom & Greg in a hotel room right next to the airport! We left Nashville on time and flew 1 hour to St Louis, MO. The boys slept the entire ride! Then left St Louis for Seattle- the ride was just over 4 hours long and the boys slept 3/4 of the way! When they were awake, they ate and we read books & colored...they exceeded all my expectations! Mimi & Poppy sat in front of us and the boys took turns visiting them on the plane as well! I am still amazed at how well they flew! We arrived in Seattle at 11am Seattle time. We took a limo to Cindy & Davis' apt where Cindy already had glasses of wine and dinner on the table! I was very impressed with dinner- Butternut Squash Bisque, Turkey with wild mushroom stuffing, sweet potatoes, green beans, etc with coconut cream pie and lots of pumpkin pie! We enjoyed eating and catching up. They took us for a stroll around the city after we ate. I was amazed at how close they are to everything! Macy's, Nordstrom, and all the shopping you can imagine is 3 blocks away- yes, I said 3 blocks! And there is a starbucks on every corner! Friday, the boys watched football and kept the boys so us girls could shop our lil hearts out & I LOVED spending time with Cindy & mom. We met the boys for dinner and walked around the city afterwards. Saturday, they took us to the farmers market which is a block away and goes on for 10 or so blocks. I was amazed at all the fresh fish & produce! We all ate lunch before the boys went to the Fox News sports bar and we took the boys shopping with us! We met up for a seafood dinner that was amazing and stayed up forever that night talking! Sunday, we went to breakfast before they took us to the airport. Oh, and I must mention that the boys slept every morning until 9:30a.m! We are so blessed! Enjoy all the pictures and the montage at the bottom!
Cindy & Davis- thanks so much for letting us invade your space and stay with you! I know the boys LOVED waking you up every morning and loving on you! I enjoyed our girls time and can't wait to see you again! Chris has talked every night since we've been home about moving out there...I think he really fell in love with the city! He's still up for moving in together :) We'll be booking our plane tickets soon! We love you and Davis so much!
Early morning flights are rough...
Mommy & Jonas waiting to board
Daddy & Nolan waiting to board
Nolan was busy greeting everyone in the airport
Nolan feeding mommy & daddy on the plane
The limo that picked us up at the airport
"The kids"- one of our many outings. You wouldn't believe how close EVERYTHING is from their apt!
Davis & Cindy at the market with the boys...they always wanted to push the strollers!
Riding in the limo to Aunt Cindy & uncle Daves
Jonas swinging in Cindys hammock chair
My sleeping angels- at one of our many trips to Starbucks
The boys in their "tee pee" tent Cindy & Davis got them
The Shopping District all lit up


1 comments:
so glad you guys got to go and visit Seattle! Looks like yall had so much fun and I know Cindy and Davis were excited to have you too :)
Post a Comment