Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Updates on the twins....


These pictures were taken 2 weeks ago, but better late than never- right? Chris & I have been OH SO EXCITED about Christmas this year! Last year, the boys were too little to even attempt to understand- not that they will fully get it this year- but its going to be exciting! I'm excited that we are starting new family traditions this year that we will build on every year to come! We have had our tree up since before Thanksgiving and the boys have been amazed at it...but the presents under it really have them curious! Each night, they walk up to the gate and attempt to reach the presents...they go to great lengths to get them and even try to rake them in using their toys! Its so funny to watch! Thank God for the gate! I thought the pictures would amuse those of you who have not been to our house and witnessed it in person!

They have a hard time giving up!


On to the next story....Last week, Jonas came down with a fever so he was out of daycare for 3 days! He could have gone back on the 3rd day, but we were leaving for New York the next day and I just decided I'd keep him with me! The first day, we stayed at home, watched cartoons, played, snacked on the entire kitchen, and had such a good time (and yes, he was sick!) The second day, we went to Gatlinburg and shopped and I took him to lunch. I know he's young, but it was so nice to have a "mommy & me" day out, just the 2 of us! The 3rd day, we played and went to lunch again. Several ladies asked me if he was always so good and smiley- yes, its true- he ALWAYS is!

Yesterday, I took the boys to daycare and it wasn't long before they called saying Nolan was running a fever! Well, I really expected him to catch the virus Jonas had before now, but nonetheless- he's got it! I had planned on keeping Nolan home with me 3 days this week since I had Jonas last week. I just feel like if I have 1, I have to do the other...not to mention that I think its important to get 1 on 1 time with each of them! So today, Nolan has kept me laughing all morning! He has been so good and though he does have a fever, he has played like nothing is wrong! Tomorrow we're going to go out and then to lunch and I'm going to get my 3 days with my lil man! I can't believe how fast they are growing and I LOVE soaking up all this time with them!

And on a side note- I had wondered how they would do being separated since I had never done that before! They do fine going to daycare without the other...but are more than ready to get home to each other...there wasn't a day last week that Nolan didn't come home and immediately give Jonas a hug! Melts my heart!
Pile on Daddy!!

Sweet Jonas

Sweet Nolan



Photobucket

0 comments: