Most of you who know me well know how much I love to cook! Not only do I enjoy cooking meals for my family & love to entertain at our house, I LOVE to bake. I'm not talking about baking from a box- I love to bake from scratch! And for the most part, I love making up my own recipes! My husband calls it a gift from God and blames it for the pounds that he has put on, but I just can't stop! Last year- I made it a tradition for birthdays. I started with Leann and made her a 3 layer caramel apple cinnamon cake (which was amazing!) Until now, I've been working with a little hand mixer which did the job, but how I longed for a professional mixer! Well, thanks to my amazing in-laws, I got a professional Kitchen-Aid mixer for Christmas! If you know me at all, you know I cried when I opened it! Not to mention that they got me the homemade ice cream maker and meat grinder as well! ( I love you Brenda!) So I finally baked my first cake yesterday- It wasn't real fancy but everyone enjoyed it, right down to the last piece! Among all the things I hope to accomplish in my life (becoming a photographer, interior designer, seamstress, etc.- I know, I'm not sure why I went into nursing either!) - its been my dream to open up my own bakery. "The Sugar Shack" - I've even had the name forever! Chris has promised that we will open it within the next couple years (for some reason, I want to finish my FNP degree first!) In the mean time, I'll just continue baking on the side...:) My next mission is to take a photography class since Chris got me a professional camera- and then its on to sewing & monogramming. I hope to be done by this time next year! Oh, and Chris & I are going to start taking ballroom dancing lessons :) fun, fun!
Monday, January 7, 2008
The great chef....
Posted by The Raymonds at 8:20 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


The first cut

2 comments:
you are too cute and JR would probably say you need to rub off on me :) I dont like cooking all that much but i am thinking of taking a baking class! ill let you know how it goes :)
I strongly suggest the UT photo class. I took them, well actually I am still taking them, you will learn a lot!!!! I sure have! When I first got my Digital SLR, I barely knew how to turn it on, how I run it on manual all the time.
Post a Comment