"You are educated when you have the ability to listen to almost anything without losing your temper or self-confidence." - Robert Frost
"The recipe for perpetual ignorance is to be satisfied with your opinions and content with your knowledge." - Elbert Hubbard
2 quotes because I got a week behind :).jpg)
Yes- this is my dad! I had to put a funny picture to go along with the 2 quotes. My dad is, hands down, the smartest person I know. If he has any down time, which is rare between working, working out, his hobby of building houses, and calling himself "pops", he is reading. He can tell you about every religion and its background, he is a genius at finances, and he NEVER stops learning! His wisdom amazes me! My sister and I didn't have a choice but to go to college (not that we wouldn't have) and were expected to keep our grades high! We both graduated from our undergrad programs with honors and are both currently working on our masters- and my daddy couldn't be prouder of us. He is also, hands down again, the most involved father that I know of. I look at some people I know who's fathers are there but they don't have a relationship with him nor does he take interest in things they like to do and I can't imagine. I feel so blessed to have a daddy that still calls me everynight to ask me how my day was and tell me that he loves me. (No, I'm not playing- He has called me everynight since my mom & him divorced- thru college and even now that I've been married over 2 years, he still calls) He's the most nonjudgemental person you'll ever meet and would give you the shirt off his back. Cindy, Russ, and I are blessed to have such a wonderful daddy!

1 comments:
aww that is so sweet mandy! and you are right.. he is an amazing man that Gerald. Never ceases to amaze me :)
Post a Comment