For the first time in 20 years, I'm not currently in school! Since the nurse practitioner classes are only offered during certain semesters, I am off from school until January- which is when I will go back to finish- I'm 3 classes away! So I have started working 2 days a week in the ER to keep up my skills and have adult conversation! I will say this- I have DEFINITELY missed working and I'm so glad to be back! And the money is always a plus! But I was bored to tears the rest of the week while the boys were taking their 3 hour naps! There is only so much housework I can do! So I took up a new hobby- sewing! I invested in a Husqvarna Viking DI sewing and embroidery machine (see above picture) which I LOVE! My stepmom, Barbara, has come over a couple times to give me some lessons (anyone who knows me knows she is a pro at sewing- I can't begin to count all the things she has made for me over the years, much less what she's made the boys!!) After a day of lessons on my machine and several weeks of practicing on my own, I decided that I would make some burp cloths for a good friend of mine that is having a little girl in August! They turned out so great! Of course, there is room for improvement, but that goes with everything! Keep posted as I will update everyone on my creations! Click on pictures to enlarge.
Monday, June 16, 2008
Free time....
Posted by The Raymonds at 6:33 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comments:
good work girlfriend... i can forsee many many great creations our of that dining room :)
Post a Comment