Saturday, June 27, 2009

Another year has come & gone...

The picture that changed my life....

I can remember it as if it were yesterday...I had been so tired. I would come home from a 12 hour shift in the ER and fall asleep and not wake up until the next day! I just thought I was exhausted- yes, I'm a nurse and NEVER even thought I was possibly pregnant, go figure! This went on for 3 weeks!! Finally my mom (the wiser one!) said "Mandy, do you think you could be pregnant?" "NO!" was my immediate response followed by me hanging up on her, running to Krogers, buying a test, coming back to an empty house (Chris was out of town), peeing on the stick, and crying!! Tears of complete joy, surprise, and pure happiness! I also remember that first office visit and the ultrasound... Ultrasound tech says "There's the heart beating...and, uh, there's baby #2!" My response- "WHAT?!?!" What she said next was a blur...all I could think about was that God was giving me a double blessing and if he saw me fit to have twins- I could do it! Oh how I LOVED being pregnant...and if you know me well, you know it was a hard and horrible pregnancy. Preterm labor at 20 weeks, hydronephrosis, preterm labor at 24 weeks, and the list goes on... But I cannot tell you the shear joy of feeling my boys inside of me- and yes, I said they were boys from the start! How I would talk and sing to them, dance in the kitchen , read them books, and just lay there watching them dance in my belly! I would tell people that Jonas was going to be my laid back baby as he didn't move a whole lot & always seemed to sleep on my schedule. Nolan, on the other hand, was wild! Lets just say that hasn't changed :) I prayed daily for 2 healthy babies and was more than blessed! Baby boys- You are my daily strength, my shining stars, and my whole world! Bad days always turn around just by seeing your faces. How my heart melts when you say "wuv you mama"... I cherish each giggle, smile, and tear. I love you more than you'll ever know!

I made it thru the 1st trimester with 2 babies...I was so scared that 1 would disappear- especially since the drs told me it was likely as not all twins are found as early as mine were...

The first picture I took that I actually felt pregnant

Growing...(and I thought I was huge!)

Days before delivering twins...all belly but my boys took everything I ate!

Still smiling thru the contractions....

Happy Birthday precious Jonas Kade (mommy's 1st born)

Happy Birthday sweet Nolan Kole (you were a whole 25 seconds behind your brother)


I never left your side...(mommy & Nolan)

at the hospital night & day...( mommy & Jonas)

1 month old

So in love....

2 of my most favorite pictures of my babies


My boys on their 1st birthday...


My boys on their 2nd birthday.... Amazed at how much they've grown!



Photobucket

0 comments: