Thursday, June 11, 2009

Bedroom Makeover...again!


Yes, you read the title right...again! Most of you who keep up with this blog know that I redid the boys room in January! I knew it was about time for them to move out of their cribs and I wanted them to have a "big boy" room as opposed to a nursery. So Chris & I painted and worked hard, but in the end, I didn't like it. In fact, I thought it looked just a babyish after the makeover as it did before. So I told Chris that I wasn't happy with the way it turned out even though I posted pictures of it, sewed the curtains myself, and put a ton of work into it! Chris' reaction- "I'm not painting it again." I don't blame him- after all, that bedroom has 7 coats of paint on it now! So in May one day when he was at work & I was off, I decided that I was going to do it on my own...yes, I hated it that much! So I painted the primer...and that took FOREVER!! I called my sisterinlaw, Bethanie, and begged her for help! She reminded me that I had told her that if I was to call and wanted to start another project, she was to tell me no! (yes, I remembered telling her that because I am ALWAYS wanting to do projects- but this one I really REALLY wanted to do!) So I begged and she agreed! We ate lunch and started painting the base color! And after we got finished, I talked her into staying and helping me organize my garage! What a good lil sister I have!! The next day, I came back & painted the stripes on the wall. Afterwards, I repainted the boys names! Chris was so happy that he didn't have to paint, that he put their bed together for me and moved all the furniture :) I settled on a daybed for their room since their room is on the smaller side and I wanted them to have plenty of room to play! The daybed has another twin size bed under it so after the boys pick up their toys, we just roll the bed out at night and roll it away in the morning! And its heavy enough that they can't roll it themselves! While in Target one day with the boys, I was looking for twin sheets- solid sheets because I HATE themes! Well, Nolan grabbed a Thomas the train comforter! Oh no! I took it away and he cried! Next thing I know, Jonas has the matching sheet set! What to do!?! I bought them both the Thomas the train sheet set and ordered them comforters without a theme. I guess I can handle a theme as long as I can cover it up :) Now the boys love getting in their "choo choo bed"...haha! I can finally say that I LOVE my boys bedroom! Its exactly what I had in mind! And they LOVE their big boy beds! They are sleeping just as long at night as they did in their cribs! I'm blessed with precious boys who have always been wonderful sleepers! Hope you like the pictures!!

Their new beds & bedding


Windows

Play corner

The rug they play trains & cars on...

Organized closet!

Their room after they wake up!




Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you get all the letters for their names at Hobby Lobby? Very cute!!

Thanks,
Trish

The Hurley's said...

Mandy,

I totally agree with the theme sheets, but I lost that battle too. My boys are old enough now, that they only want their Thomas and Mickey comforters. So that is the only things in their room with a Character theme!

The boys are gettting so big!

Hollie