Tuesday, April 8, 2008

The Name Game


People often ask me how we came up with the boys names- Jonas Kade & Nolan Kole- so I thought I'd just get it out there by putting it on their blogspot! As soon as Chris & I found out we were expecting (and I do mean at 4 weeks & 3 days!), we started tossing names out there! The funny thing is- Chris always came up with girl names and I came up with boys names! Chris was just sure we were having a girl- yes A Girl as in 1 baby! I just knew it was a boy! Chris said it was a girl, but he wanted a boy so bad he couldn't stand it! We made a bet- he said girl, I said boy! The winner got to name the baby! At 7 weeks, we found out we were expecting 2 babies! How much fun was this going to be getting to pick out 2 names!!! He narrowed it down and decided on 2 girl names and I picked 2 boys names! At 15 weeks, we found out for sure we were having 2 boys!!!! I won!! I told Chris my names I had picked out and the spelling of each- Jonas Kayde & Nolan Christopher. Chris immediately objected to Nolan. There was no way, he hated the name- so I reminded him of our bet. He fell in love with Jonas Kayde but wasn't sold on Nolan Christopher...I won him over on Nolan by my 20 week mark and he actually came to love the name. He came to me some time later and told me that he didn't want Nolan's middle name to be after him if he couldn't give Jonas a name. He didn't want the boys to ever feel like he loved one more than the other. So I agreed to find a new middle name. It only took me 2 days to fall in love with Cole, but since Jonas' middle name was spelled with a "K" it was only right to do Nolans...so Kole it is! The name Nolan I got from the most popular names in the 1930's. Jonas I got out of a baby book. I had always told my mom that my first baby would be named after her- she has been my rock & my hero for my whole life, I wanted to honor her in that way! Her middle name is Kay. I had picked Kaylee as a girls name (and that didn't qualify on Chris' list!) So Kayde it was....but as Chris was painting the letters for their rooms, I decided that people might look at it and think "Katie"...and NO boy of mine was going to deal with that! So we dropped the "Y" and Kade it was! Kole is just a favorite! So there you have it- Nolan Kole & Jonas Kade- I wouldn't change the names for the world! They are just too precious!

Jonas Kade- isn't this the funniest picture you've ever seen!! I had just slathered him in sunblock so we could go on a walk and his hair stood on its own! The face is a Jonas original :)
Nolan Kole & his wild hair!

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

love their crazy hair! too cute for words :)

The Hurley's said...

I love the crazy face!!!!!!!!! I look back at the boys pics when they were little and it brings back sooo many memories!