Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Small Miracles


I'm behind on my quotes, so I thought I would put 3 on here and use some pictures to explain...
1. "Sometimes the laughter in mothering is the recognition of the ironies and absurdities. Sometimes, though, it's just pure, unthinking delight." - Barbara Schapiro
2. By the time a man realizes that maybe his father was right, he usually has a son who thinks he's wrong." -Charles Wadsworth
3. "What children take from us, they give....We become people who feel more deeply, question more deeply, hurt more deeply, and love more deeply." -Sonya Taitz


All 3 quotes touched me in a way that only mothers can understand. I couldn't tell you how many times I have laughed when Jonas or Nolan show their temper...I can remember watching the videos of me as a baby and seeing the same exact fit! Brenda says Chris was a great baby, so I'm guessing the temper comes from me! Jonas and Nolan have brought a love to my life that I never knew existed. The depths of a mothers love is undescribable! So I thought I'd share a few pictures of the 2 little boys who have made my life so joyous and full of meaning! The first picture is of my very 1st ultrasound- When the tech said, "theres the heartbeating, oh, wait a minute, there are 2 hearts beating" I seriously thought I would fall over right there! My husband, on the other hand, was jumping (YES- he really was) up and down and yelling! He had been praying for twins from the start, so NOONE can ever tell me that the power of prayer isn't real! After the shock wore off, I realized that I was given twice the blessings than most get! The second picture is the only ultrasound picture I have where both boys were looking at us! Its probably my favorite! Its so hard to believe that they go from those pictures to the following ones....and that is why babies are miracles!

My lil Jonas Kade came 1st
10 seconds later, Nolan Kole was pulled out! (c-section is the way to go!)This is one of my favorite pictures of all time! Nolan is on the left and Jonas on the right. They still sleep in these positions! They were 2 weeks old in this picture- I called them my lil burritos!
At 10 weeks old, they had already melted my heart a million times over!

And now at 9 1/2 months old, they are the most precious, amazing babies I know! This is a picture right after they got out of the bath tub! Chris thought they were going to spray us, but they didn't. They just laughed at us! They are such happy boys- I can't count how many people have told me what good babies they are! They rarely cry and have sooo much to say! They are my miracles!

1 comments:

Lindsey said...

love the towel head pictures.. that is too cute! and hard to believe they used to be that small in the pics above ha! i remember first coming to see those little burritos :)