2 years ago today, my husband bought me my 1st SLR camera for my birthday. I have ALWAYS loved taking pictures and those of you who know me best know that I never go ANYWHERE without a camera! I was so excited- my first professional camera!! Then I opened the box, charged the battery, and decided to try it out! Those of you who know about photography know the horrible thing that then occured- I couldn't take the first clear picture with the camera without using the "green A" setting! Any picture I took in Manual mode was blurry or the lighting wasn't right or etc. So I thanked my husband over and over, but I put the camera back in the nice bag he got me and put it all away in the closet! Sad- I know! I promised him that as soon as I got a chance, I would take a class and learn to use the camera- I really didn't expect it to take me 2 years! But after finishing our house, working full time, going on bedrest, having 2 babies- I decided it was finally my time! 3 weeks ago, I pulled the camera back out of the closet where it had been for almost 2 years! I have had 2 photography classes so far and you wouldn't believe the difference in my pictures! I take ALL my pictures in manual mode since I've learned how to adjust my settings to get the best pictures! Yesterday, Pops came over to watch the boys for a little bit so Chris & I could go on a hike & I could take some pictures. I'm not a nature photographer by any means, but I had to finish my homework assignment for class....here are some of the pictures from yesterday! I know this may be hard to believe, but I'm more proud of myself accomplishing photography than I am in nursing- and I'm only 2 classes away from being a nurse practitioner! While I do plan on using my FNP degree, I don't know how long I'll do it. My love for baking and photography is too big not to follow my dreams- so for those of you writing me about the bakery and photography- yes, I'm going to do it! The Sugar Shack and Captured Moments will soon be up & running!
Wednesday, April 16, 2008
Photography!!
Posted by The Raymonds at 8:48 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Is it not just amazing what a couples class can do for you! I was very well impressed with mine, who knew what shutter and aperature was! LOL
You should ALWAYS follow your passion.....we need a MagPies' here in Harriman/Kingston....I just LOVE that place!!!!!
those are so good Mandy! i need to go take a class myself too :)
Post a Comment